Monday, March 19, 2012

Mila's Baptism Celebration & an alternative to pink!


A couple of weekends ago I had the pleasure of making cupcakes for Mila's baptism. Mila's mom, Carla, emailed me requesting pretty, NOT pink cupcakes for the occasion! I do a lot of pink for baby girls so this was a nice change and a bit of a challenge at the same time.

We decided on shades of white, cream and ivory for the overall look. Carla was also incorporating lace into the theme of the party so I suggested lace cupcake wrappers. Definitely very classic and elegant... not to mention, very cost effective!

Mila's cupcakes were lemon with buttercream icing and vanilla with mocha icing - delish!! The mocha icing added a nice pop of colour.


Stamp embossed crosses...


...and, of course, {my favourite} stamped monograms with the baby of honour's initial!



What I absolutely l.o.v.e. about this cupcake stand {see here} is that it can
hold a sign! How fun is that!! Admittedly I am much better with fondant
than photoshop but I may have a new cupcake stand sign obsession!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...