Monday, January 24, 2011

autumn's 5th birthday


I had the pleasure of making cupcakes for Autumn's 5th birthday at the beginning of January. I have known Autumn's mom, Jenna, since we were in junior high together and her dad coached our baseball team...its been awhile!! Jenna now works with Gerardo so I was thrilled when he mentioned that she would be interested in having me make Autumn's birthday cupcakes!

When discussing the party Jenna mentioned that they didn't really have a theme for the party but that Autumn absolutely loved cats, pink and purple! I like making "favourite things" cupcakes...so much fun! The cupcakes are vanilla with a whipped, vanilla icing. The cats, balls of yarn and mice were made from fondant. The great thing about fondant is that it hardens on the outside to keep its shape but stays chewy on the inside...like a soft candy that kids love! Thank you to Clever Cupcakes for the idea I used for the cats.

Thank you to Jenna, Ernie, Autumn and Ocean for letting me be a part of the party! Happy 5th Birthday Autumn!!






Jenna also asked for chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing for the adults. I have to say that I love the contrast of the dark chocolate buttercream icing and the silver edible balls. The chocolate buttercream icing is delicious!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...